2.27.2013

Before Midnight: I Can't Wait

"So dont forget, you're stardust."
I first watched Before Sunset when I was 15, not really understanding the real beauty of romance in it. What experience and a little bit of hindsight can do. The trilogy follows the romance of Celine and Jesse who first met in Austria 18 years ago, then again in Paris 9 years ago, again by chance, but not without the meddling of Jesse who had conspired to write a book about his experience with Celine in a new book, curiously finding himself in Paris for the European leg of his book tour, for the sole reason of bumping into Celine. In Paris, Jesse finds himself stuck in a passionless marriage, and falling yet again for Celine, and  most likely missing his flight home, entranced by her beauty.

This is quite possibly the most romantic love story in cinematic history. audiences on the edge of our seat - asking, what comes next, will it end, will they finally get together  or will they let this one slip by yet again? These characters are so close to my heart being something I have experienced before in my life, you never know what someone is or if they're yours until the end as much as you want them to be. I'm avoiding all press release of an sort in case of spoilers but I just cannot wait to see what Jesse and Celine decide to do next.

I guess a memory is never finished as long as you are alive.” You know when you see someone do something completely random but totally in their element and then you realize you love them. You wonder what you were doing your entire life without this person because you HAVE to have them in our life. Like they're a movie that you just cannot stop watching, you could watch them forever and just to be in a part of their life for a second feels like heaven. Like reality and time and space stops and ceases existence for a couple of seconds just for the two of you to have and share this moment. Existential. I love dialogue-focused narratives.

And finally, these are the best scenes from the trilogy thus far:
He convinces her...
The look, the moment
Daydream delusion
Limousine Eyelash
Oh, baby with your pretty face
Drop a tear in my wineglass
Look at those big eyes
See what you mean to me
Sweet cakes and milkshakes
I am a delusion angel
I am a fantasy parade
I want you to know what I think
Don’t want you to guess anymore
You have no idea where I came from
We have no idea where we’re going
Launched in life
Like branches in the river
Flowing downstream
Caught in the current
I’ll carry you. You’ll carry me
That’s how it could be
Don’t you know me?
Don’t you know me by now?
Jesse and Celine "call home"
Goodbyes. Forever, or just for now?
Relationships...
The confession - Life isn't all roses, on either side. 
"Baby you're gonna miss that plane...". "I know..."

No comments:

Post a Comment