2.26.2013

Nothing like a Great Love: Johnny and Winona's Love Story


Poster couple for the 90's grunge era: Johnny and Winona were captivating apart and dynamite together. So when they split, the word mourned along with them. The following are musings from themselves and the closest confidanes of the former couple about the split:

"There’s been nothing throughout my 27 years that has been comparable to the feeling I have with Winona. There’s something inside me that knows really well, that no one else has ever known, or will ever know. Life is trial and error, but when you find the one who’s really it, there’s no mistaking it."
- Johnny Depp

"I love Winona. I’m going to love her forever. Putting her on my arm solidified it. The truth is very powerful, believe me this is not something I took lightly." - Johnny Depp

"The split in 1993 was during the filming of Ed Wood and there were days he would come crying, I felt so bad. I asked him why it happened but all he said was, ‘It wasn’t her fault, it was mine.’ And when he met Kate in January of 94, it wasn’t the same as Winona. I felt weird to be around him like he wasn’t acting like Johnny anymore. It’s almost like Winona took Johnny’s soul, Johnny’s love." - Tim Burton

He was so desperately in love with Winona, that when they broke up, he wouldn’t admit it was over for the longest time.” - Tim Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment